DATA SCIENTIST with focus on MATHEMATIC MODELING (M/F/D)
Company & Product
Revolutionizing the Plastics Industry
The 150y old family-owned hidden champion NETZSCH Group founded its very first corporate venture. Under the brand sensXPERT®, manufacturing process enhancements happen in real-time.
We have a consistent exchange with our customers and think outside the box. The result: Novel and disruptive products. sensXPERT® tackles challenges such as raw material deviations, efficiency issues and high scrap rates.
Our Saas technology combines experience in measurement instrumentation, materials and sensors with edge device, cloud stack and AI technology.
sensXPERT® in a nutshell: Sensors become part of manufacturing molds, measure real-time material behavior. The connected edge device communicates the process data to the cloud, where machine learning algorithms predict the sweet spot for demolding and dynamically adapting the manufacturing process. Our intuitive cloud application provides total process transparency and data management.
We are a diverse and enthusiastic team from various backgrounds that transforms the plastics industry and innovates manufacturing processes. Next to that, we aim to make a change by delivering options to enhance sustainable manufacturing.
You are part of a fast growing team of data scientists, developers and hardware engineers. Together you are responsible for the launch and continuous development of our product and you will be reporting to our R&D Director. You will work on the development of our AI driven cloud solution as well as our on-premises software. Because our product is both digital and connected to a hardware device, you will work closely together with the hardware engineers and developers in the R&D department.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Develop data-driven solutions using mathematical modeling, physical simulation, and machine learning.
- Design and implement models for the optimization and quality assurance of complex process flows.
- Continuous development of existing AI through analysis of data from the industrial field (sensor and machine data)
- Cross-functional collaboration with departments in the areas of software, electronics, applications and business development
- You will be involved in the entire software development process from requirements analysis, design and implementation of mathematical models and machine learning algorithms to integration into our product and functional testing at selected customers.
- Close collaboration with experienced software developers and data scientists in an agile environment and exchange with the counterparts of the sister company NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH
What you bring
- Degree in applied mathematics, physics, computer science, chemistry, engineering or comparable qualification
- You have profound theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the field of physical simulation, mathematical modeling, signal processing or control engineering. You can demonstrate this by previous academic or industrial research and development projects
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning and statistics is preferred
- Experience in data analysis and visualization and the communication of results
- Programming experience in a relevant programming language, e.g., Python, Julia, Scala, C, C++
- Knowledge of frameworks and software libraries for scientific computing, modeling, and data analysis
- Knowledge of sensor technology and measurement techniques is an advantage
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a high level of independency, a good communicator and team player
- International talent is welcome, English skills are required, German is a plus
What we offer
- A fulltime position (40 hrs), flexible working hours and working from home arrangement
- Unlimited contract and 30 days paid holidays
- The position is based in our Tech Hub in Munich, which is 10 min walking distance from the main station, or at our headquarters in Selb
- Coffee, tea and fresh fruits in the office
- Support for personal development
- Employee participation; the possibility to acquire shares of the mother company
- An open and warm culture, based on mutual respect and where initiatives are highly welcomed
If this sounds like a match to you, then we are happy to hear from you!
Your contact person
Doris BrunnerApply Now!
NETZSCH Process Intelligence GmbH
+49 9287 75 321
We value equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, nationality or any other type of non-professional classification. Also, if you don’t tick all the requirements and believe that you have what it takes to help us get to the next level and that we should meet, we strongly encourage you to apply and tell us more about what we should do together.